First Announcement and Call for Manuscripts
The Organising Committee of the 2013 WORKSHOP ON BIO-ENERGY AND BIO-FUELS AND THEIR IMPACT ON THE GLOBAL ECONOMY is glad to announce that the 2013 Workshop is planned to be held in Brisbane, Australia on 16 - 18 September 2013.
The 2013 Workshop will be held concurrently, in parallel online sessions, with the CIGR SYMPOSIUM ON BIO-ENERGY AND OTHER RENEWABLE ENERGY TECHNOLOGIES AND SYSTEMS, in Agricultural University in Krakow, Poland on 13 -18 September 2013.
The main topics of the Workshop are:
1. Cellulose and non-cellulosic ethanol - costs, benefits and obstacles (technical, policy etc.) to further development;
2. Algal capture of CO2 to produce of biodiesel and other fuels;
3. Plant based chemical feedstocks and high value precursors;
4. Capture of energy from livestock and urban waste (sewerage, compostable household refuse etc.)
5. Impact of government policy, legislation and regulations on employing biorenewables.
A special topic proposed for discussion among the scientists, industrialists and invited politicians is:
"Australian Carbon Tax - one year along the track"
The participation fees in Australian Dollars are as follow (morning and afternoon tea included):
- postgraduate students - $550.00 (early bird fees)
- postgraduate students - $650.00 (regular fees)
- everyone else - $650.00 (early bird fees)
- everyone else - $750.00 (regular fees)
The early bird registration will end on 30.06.2013.
Please, email your expression of interest to the Secretariat of the 2013 Workshop at firstname.lastname@example.org by 31.03.2013.
Chairman of the Workshop:
Prof. Anumakonda Jagadeesh, Australian Institute of High Energetic Materials, Australia
Chair of the Organising Committee:
Prof. Michael Wnuk, Prof. Emeritus at the University of Wisconsin - Milwaukee, USA
Prof. Colin Scanes, University of Wisconsin - Milwaukee, USA
Dr Venelin Stamatov, Australian Institute of High Energetic Materials, Australia
A/Prof. Nanjappa Ashwath, Central Queensland University, Australia